“La Casa Norte’s mission is to serve youth and families confronting homelessness. We provide access to stable housing and deliver comprehensive services that act as a catalyst to transform lives and communities.” La Casa Norte’s mission and philosophy of service is to impact the social issues of homelessness at the individual and community levels.
This is a full-time position working Monday to Friday between the hours of 9am-6pm. Eligible applicants must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
Expected Goals and Objectives
Goal One: To ensure that all clients seeking assistance at La Casa Norte receive appropriate services by:
- Overseeing the Information & Referral Services program and Clothing Closet program by reporting any issues and making recommendations to the Community Engagement Coordinator.
- Providing excellent customer service to all individuals seeking assistance at our main location.
- Maintaining a welcoming and orderly community space at the front desk, in the Nutrition Center, at the Clothing Closet, and elsewhere throughout the main location at 3533 W. North Ave.
- Consistently communicating La Casa Norte’s mission, programs, and services, as well as eligibility requirements; assessing client fit/interest relative to available services.
- Providing baseline screening for walk-in and call-in clients for La Casa Norte programs and services.
- Collecting demographic info, contact info, and eligibility criteria from individuals seeking assistance.
- Checking general mailbox on a daily basis and providing information services over the phone.
- Maintaining all client mail, dating and sorting on a weekly basis and distributing to clients as requested.
- Providing appropriate referral services to individuals seeking services not provided by La Casa Norte & when La Casa Norte programs are at capacity.
- Assisting individuals seeking emergency services (including shelter, food, and rental assistance) in accessing services through all Emergency Funds programs.
- Facilitating application process with eligible clients for submission to programs and referral agencies.
Goal Two: To ensure that clients previously served by La Casa Norte maintain stable housing and employment by:
- Following up with clients who received State Homeless Prevention Funds as prescribed by eligibility rules.
- Assessing former clients’ need for additional services; facilitating re-connection of former clients with La Casa Norte case management staff.
- Connecting former clients to partnering agencies and other community services as needed.
- Accurately documenting all information gathered from former clients, including recording all attempts to contact.
Goal Three: To facilitate a positive working relationship between La Casa Norte and the larger community by:
- Maintaining meaningful and up-to-date knowledge of community agencies providing a spectrum of services; updating and maintaining La Casa Norte resource database.
- Conducting outreach with community agencies that serve La Casa Norte’s target populations.
Goal Four: Administrative Responsibilities:
- Participate in weekly program meetings with the Rapid Re-Housing Program, providing updates regarding housing location and meeting the 30/60-day housing outcome expectations.
- Organizing and providing community workshops and other service activities delineated in the TACOM contract.
- Preparing and submitting monthly TACOM Reports to Community Engagement (CE) Coordinator.
- Assisting the Community Engagement Coordinator to represent LCN at resource fairs, neighborhood association meetings, and other events or meetings when the CE Coordinator is unable to attend.
- Assisting the organization and staffing of LCN block parties and other internal events as needed or requested by Development.
- Overseeing the process of disseminating, collecting and digitally storing partnership agreements (MOUs) between LCN and its community partners.
- Providing Front Desk training to volunteers, interns and case managers who provide support to I&R.
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, all La Casa Norte employees are responsible for contributing to the overall success of La Casa Norte by:
- Attending monthly staff meetings and other staff trainings.
- Participating in La Casa Norte’s fundraising events.
- Working in team approach to develop new programs and protocols.
- Assisting with data collection and completion of program reports.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge & Skills:
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelors or Associates degree preferable, but not required with at least 1 year of relevant experience.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Excellent computer skills required, including mastery of Microsoft Office programs, internet proficiency, and typing of at least 35 wpm.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Demonstrated desire and ability to work with homeless or at-risk youth, families, and individuals.
- Knowledge regarding the social, economic, and cultural patterns of Latino and African American populations.
- Willingness to work in a diverse environment in regards to race, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation and gender.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed and have impeccable attendance.
- Desire, creativity, and flexibility to work in a new and fast growing agency.